We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, experienced Aerodynamicist to help lead our development teams.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, Aerodynamics you will be responsible for adding performance to our car by: defining concepts, setting and achieving targets and by bringing creativity and innovation to our development group. You will also manage Aerodynamics Development Team Leaders to help them maximise their teams’ potential.
In addition, you will help drive development tools and methodologies forward, assist with recruitment, personnel development and make a significant contribution to the technical management of the department.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Extensive experience of F1 Aerodynamic development at the highest level
• A proven track record of successful design implementation with a good grasp of the practical challenges involved
• A thorough understanding of the requirements of overall car performance
• Exceptional communication and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
The desire to work in an open and dynamic team environment and to help nurture talented and motivated teammates.
HR09031702 – TEST ENGINEER
We are currently seeking a Test Engineer with strong mechanical engineering skills to work within our Aerodynamics Technology Development group. The group’s remit is the research and development of tools for aerodynamics development. It is about finding new and effective ways of learning about the car.
In this role you can expect to be centrally involved in the development and support of a variety of innovative and cutting edge projects, primarily for our state of the art wind tunnel models and facilities. You will be an integral part of he group, responsible for the sub-assembly, support and management of wind tunnel, model and motion system mechanical components.
The successful applicant should ideally have:
• Good mechanical understanding, with a hands on approach
• Experience with hydraulic systems
• Proven problem solving skills
• Ability to understand and work to drawings
• The ability to learn new mechanical, electrical, electronic and software systems
• Good computer literacy
• Previous experience in a relevant role e.g. wind tunnel, model making, automated test, R&D or sub-assembly is desirable but not essential
Applicants interested in applying for the above role will be self-motivated with a proactive approach. The successful applicant will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to work to very tight deadlines within a team environment, often with minimum supervision.